Terms & Conditions back
Net 30 days to established accounts, otherwise C.O.D. Visa, or Mastercard are gladly accepted. All shipments are made F.O.B., Factory, DiaTec Kitchener via I.C.S. Courier next day service or ground service unless otherwise specified.
Non-stocked items that are special ordered may be subject to the suppliers restocking fee. A copy of the original invoice should accompany any product being sent to DiaTec. Return goods are defined as the following:
- Wrongfully ordered product
- Wrongfully delivered product
- 60 day money back trial period
Only product that was originally purchased from DiaTec can be sent in for servicing. The product will be forwarded from DiaTec to the repair facility upon receipt. Rush service is not available on any accessory repair. A completed repair form should be included with a complete description of problem along with a copy of the invoice. In some cases a copy of the bill to the end user from the Hearing Healthcare Professional may be requested. Once the product is at DiaTec and has been evaluated, it will be handled in the following manner:
- If the item is a warranty repair it will be serviced and returned to your facility at no charge.
- If the item is a non-warranty repair an estimate will be provided before any servicing is performed. Please note that an evaluation fee may be charged for an estimate that is declined.
- Product that is sent in for servicing within the 60 day trial period will be replaced with a new unit only if it is sent in to us complete with all packaging, instruction books, cables etc. and is in the same condition it was sent out. Otherwise it will be sent out for servicing.
Return for Credit
Original freight charges are non-refundable. Products 120 days old and over are non-refundable or exchangeable. All products returned must be packaged properly. The manufacturer’s packaging must not be used as a shipping container; a separate packaging container must be used. If the product is being returned for credit due to an ordering error, client rejection, below expectation etc. it is the facility’s responsibility to pay the freight to return it to DiaTec. Courier fees will be deducted from credits issued for a product that is returned at DiaTec’s expense. The product will be evaluated as to the condition of the product and the manufacturer’s packaging. The product may be rejected if found to be severely damaged or if major components are not present. In that case, a callback will be done and the product will be returned to your facility as non-refundable. In other cases a restocking fee may be deducted from the amount of the credit issued if we establish that the product and/or packaging was not returned in the same condition as it was sent from DiaTec.
- A 15% restocking fee will be applied when the manufacturer’s packaging (inside and out) is not present or is damaged/written on or used as packaging material.
- A 15% restocking fee will be applied when the product is returned after the 60 day trial period but before 120 days.
- A 10% restocking fee will be applied when the product is returned within the 60 day trial period but is not in re-sellable condition
Additional fees will be applied to any components that are missing from the product being returned in order to make the product whole again. Product must be sent back complete and in new condition in order to receive full credit, except for freight.
All shipments leaving DiaTec will be subject to a freight charge as they are expedited. Freight charges and courier selection are based on the weight, the dimensions of shipping containment and destination of the outgoing shipment. DiaTec’s primary courier of use is ICS next day and ground service unless otherwise instructed. DiaTec only uses couriers in which a tracking system is available. Regular mail is not used at any time for any of our accessory products. All courier fees are the responsibility of the hearing healthcare professional unless there is a shipment error by DiaTec or a warranty issue.
Assistive Devices Warranty
If you are purchasing devices for your stock or for your customer, it is your responsibility to call and notify us of the date your customer obtained the product. We will gladly change our records so that the warranty may start from the date you have provided to us. Otherwise, the warranty period begins the day the product has left DiaTec until expiration. Products purchased that are over 1 year old cannot be registered and the warranty will start on the date indicated on DiaTec’s invoice.
A $25.00 minimum order is required for an order to be processed. In-stock items are shipped within 2 to 3 working days. Freight charges are applicable on back order items over $20.00. An order can be held to ship complete when requested.